where the cornflakes are

this blog may appear to be experiencing an on-going existential crisis - it isn't quite sure whether it's about knitting, crip stuff or life in general

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Is there a doctor in the house?

Yep, and I've just squooshed his right foot!

Sometimes I get to do quite cool stuff for work. Last night I went to the launch of Melbourne Theatre Company's 2006 season. It was a fairly typical do, you know, the artistic director was a bit smashed and crapped on for way too long, everyone ooohed and aahhhed over the new program and there were many random B-list celebs in attendance (possibly C-list, I'm not sure how the classification system works).

All was popping along nicely. I'd had my wine glass re-filled a couple of times and I was thinking about heading home. I started to get the show on the road and kind of move through the crowd to the exit. I'm normally really good at negotiating crowds, but it seems that a crowd of increasingly drunk theatre people is a different kettle of fish. I'd only gone about two feet when I felt a really massive bump under one wheel. Yep, I'd run over someone's foot. Ah well, at least he can have a crack at fixing it himself, being medically trained n'all.....

It was Dr Karl Kennedy. You know, from Neighbours. Whoops.

9 Comments:

At 11:26 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Good on ya Stell!

 
At 3:46 pm, Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Young Master Marmite will be your friend for life: he has often expressed a deep loathing for Karl Kennedy in Lady Bracknell's presence. A loathing almost as deep as the one he has for that most innocuous of vegetables, the humble carrot...

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger stella said...

What on earth is Marmite's beef with Dr Karl? I'll be VERY interested to hear about this one!

Had I realised, I wouldn't have stopped with the foot. I'd have slipped some arsenic into his wine....

 
At 10:20 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what'd he have to say?

 
At 5:26 am, Blogger marmiteboy said...

Hi Stella,

It's his continued attempts to start some kind of pop career that does it. Why, oh why, oh why does he have to keep singing. Surely someone, maybe even Reg Grundy himself, should tell him to stop. It was bad enough when Stefan Dennis made a record with out Dr K's tuneless whining.

Anyway Lady B is not being entirely fair.I don't hate Dr Karl at all, despite his rather remarkable luck with the
ladies:-)

What I object to is his inability to act. Granted Neighbours is not the greatest platform for a thespian but at least some of 'em, if stuck in a paper bag, could act their way out of it.

 
At 5:21 pm, Blogger marmiteboy said...

Hi Stella,

I have been thinking about your latest brush with the rich and infamous and I'd like to hear more. Drop me a line via my e-mail address on my blog and we can chat about Karl Kennedy's crimes against music.

Take care,

Marmite

 
At 3:26 am, Blogger Nicola said...

LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

that's great.

 
At 8:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Stella, long time absolutely no seeing - at SnB that is. It's good to hear of you again (mind you my computer has been on the blink and I lost all the blognames). I too got an invitation to the MTC launch, but didn't go, so missed colliding with any of our glitterati. I will be subscribing for the season though, so maybe I'll see you at one of the plays.

 
At 2:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should check out this site! http://www.allwheelchair.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home